Raturn® Sampling Caging Systems
The BASi® Raturn system utilizes a unique movement-responsive action to prevent the tangling of inlet and outlet lines. The unique Raturn approach typically allows running contiguous lines to your animal. See how the Raturn differs from a liquid swivel.
- Maintain the integrity of catheters, infusion lines, (liquid lines), cables (electrical wires), optical fibers and other connections between an animal and devices external to the cage.
- A counter-balanced arm and tethering system keeps experiment lines out of the animal™s reach, while permitting the animal to move at will.
- The tethered subject has 280° of rotation before he activates the optical sensor, which causes the cage to gently counter-rotate.
- Raturn Sampling Caging Systems are being successfully used at thousands of university labs, pharmas and CROs.
- Choose the configuration that best meets your needs. A Stand-Alone Raturn System can sit on a desk or countertop. The Rodent Workstation is a wheeled space-efficient unit designed to accommodate up to 4 Raturns at one time.
- While sampling, use the Raturn Activity Monitor to collect rearing and left & right rotational behavior from up to 4 Raturns at once.
Stand-Alone Raturn Systems
Stand-Alone Raturn systems come in two configurations to suit your study design.
Raturn Microdialysis Stand-Alone System MD-1404 (rats), MD-1409 (mice)
- Quiet animal movement responsive caging system.
- The Raturn does not cause, or force, the animal to move.
- Permits continuous connection to the subject, reducing dead volume and increasing the number of connections that can be made.
- Includes Raturn Controller, Stainless Steel Platform with Support Stand, Motor, Balance Arm and Tether Assembly, Replacement O-rings, and Rat Collars.
- Raturn caging ordered separately. Works best with Bowl Cage, Bowl Cage Kit, Stackable Cage, or Stackable Cage Kit. Compare caging options.
- With the addition of a Mouse Tether (MD-1460R) can be used for either species.
Raturn Metabolic Stand Alone System MD-1407
- Permits simultaneous collection of urine and feces while on the Raturn System.
- Small footprint saves bench space.
- Includes Raturn Controller, Stainless Steel Raised Platform with Support Stand and Funnel Holder, Motor, Balance Arm and Tether Assembly, Replacement O-rings, and Rat Collars.
- Does not include caging. Works best with Universal Cage (CX-1310) or the Metabolic Mouse Cage Kit (MD-1700). Compare caging options.