Introduction And Specifications
This manual explains the installation and operation of the PM-80 Pump, as well as procedures for routine maintenance and troubleshooting. Read the entire manual prior to installation and start-up.
The PM-80 is a reciprocating, dual-piston unit. It is designed for precise and reliable solvent delivery for isocratic and (optional) gradient elution at flow rates between 0.01 and 5.0 mL/min. Advanced features of the PM-80 pump include:
- Type 316 stainless steel tubing throughout.
- A microprocessor-controlled, computer-designed, dual-piston pump. Each head is removable as a single, precision-engineered assembly, which may be interchanged in seconds. The construction of the pump is solid (cast aluminum and machined 316 stainless steel); no sheet metal is included. The end result is greater durability, mechanical reliability, and serviceability.
- Solid-state pressure transducer, to monitor system backpressure in real time.
- Pulse damper, installed as a standard feature for use at high sensitivity.
- Purge valve, for bypassing the column and injector while flushing the solvent delivery system.
- High- and low-pressure limit controls, for safety.
- Analog output for pressure monitoring.
- Provision for remote-control operation.
- Optional ternary gradient capability. Contact BAS for information on upgrading your isocratic PM-80 to a gradient system.
The PM-80 has been engineered for durability, and with proper maintenance should provide years of reliable service.
||0.1 - 5.0 mL/min
||better than 0.3% RSD
||0-6000 PSI (0-40 bar) with selectable limits
||100/120/220/240 vac 50/60 Hz
||3A (max) @ 120 VAC 50/60 Hz