The epsilon will not link with computer.
The epsilon links with computer, but it does not take data.
The epsilon appears to have an electronics problem.
All l.e.d.s on front panel stay lit after power up.
Some techniques are marked demo.
- Check that the epsilon is turned on.
- Check the cable between computer and epsilon. Verify the computer comm port number matches the number in the dialog box.
- Make sure that there are no other programs running that require the comm port specified for the epsilon.
- Click the Retry
- Go to the Experiment
menu and click on Update Hardware. The epsilon program will close and the Update
program will open.
- Click on Send BAS-Epsilon Information File.
- Contact BASi about the problem and send BASi the file, either by e-mail or fax.
Perform the following analog electronics test.
- Open a New Cyclic Voltammetry
experiment, set the parameters as shown and then click Apply
- Click the Cell
- Check the Internal 10K-Ohm dummy cell
- Click Apply, followed by Exit.
- Run the experiment. The plot should be a sloping line going through 0 from -0.1 mA to 0.1 mA (as shown below).
If the epsilon passes this test, then the problem could be in the cell lead, but is more likely to be with the cell.
Call BASi service.
If some techniques are marked demo, then they have not been enabled in that particular epsilon instrument. Contact BASi for price quote to add the additional techniques to the instrument.
Back to Table of Contents