The epsilon and other BASi instruments use cooling fans to prevent overheating. These fans have filters which prevent dust from entering the instrument. As dust accumulates the volume of airflow decreases, reducing the cooling efficiency.
CLEAN THE FAN FILTER EVERY THREE MONTHS, OR MORE OFTEN IF VISIBLY DIRTY.
Clean the filter as follows:
- Remove the front panel of the epsilon to access the filter.
- Grab the filter retaining grid by pinching one of the slots and pull it off. (Do not undo any screws -- these hold the entire fan in place!)
- You may vacuum the filter or wash it in warm sudsy water. Be careful not to tear it.
- If you've washed the filter, blot it well between sheets of paper towels, then allow it to dry.
- Reinstall the filter by holding it in place over the fan opening, then snapping the retaining grid in place.
- Replace the front cover
Back to Table of Contents