2701 Kent Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Your Complete In Vivo PK Needs
We Cover You Across the Spectrum
Our In Vivo Discovery Center in West Lafayette, IN is a purpose-built facility encompassing 10 in vivo labs, colony rooms for rats/mice with individually ventilated housing systems (IVCs), rodent surgical suite, wet lab and cage wash facility that are complemented with state-of-the-art cold storage, formulations and bioanalytical facilities.
- Our in vivo automated sampling lab is one of the largest in the USA: We have stationed 48 Culex® systems for a quick turn-around of your PK-PD data.
- Our in vivo facility is attached to the state-of-the-art bioanalytical labs allowing fast sample results.
BASi® Discovery Services have a unique combination of highly-skilled scientists who place a premium on collaboration and trust, and proprietary instruments from the Culex® family of automated in vivo sampling systems. As a result, we offer our clients customized and comprehensive in vivo evaluation of their compounds.
Our goal is to provide you with studies that meet your unique information needs while minimizing the number of study animals. We will work with you to design the right study for you, your compounds and your company. In addition, we will establish strong lines of communication to ensure the success of each project.
Culex® In Vivo PK-PD Contract Research Services (Pre-IND studies)
Typical PK / ADME studies:
- First-time-in-animal PK and related oral bioavailability work comparing oral and intravenous administration of investigative agents.
- In Vivo Bioequivalence studies for generics and new formulations
- Mimic clinical route of exposure (e.g., PO, IV, SC, IM)
- Absorption and First Pass Metabolism: test agents administered through oral, portal vein, jugular vein
- Cross over design - IV dosing and sampling on day 1 followed by a washout period before PO dosing and sampling
- Metabolic Studies - Food intake, water intake, urinary output, fecal analysis
- Predominant Species: Rats / Mice
- Manual or optional Programmable Automated Drug Delivery through EMPIS (for quick bolus, short term and long term slow infusion via intravenous, intragastric or duodenal catheter)
- Duration: Day to weeks (Animals remain freely moving in Raturn® cages and catheters are kept patent by Culex® automatically)
- Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals, Small Molecules, Large Molecules, Biologics, Natural Products
- Brain Microdialysis for PK and other Pharmacodynamic Biomarkers (with or without simultaneous blood PK)
- Total Tissue Concentration
- Behavioral Studies (Activity data using Culex®)
BASi® Corporate Headquarters
2701 Kent Avenue